At Elmgrove Technologies, we provide PCBs and complex assemblies for customers in a broad range of industries. In this project, we helped a cryo-refrigeration industry customer with the manufacturing of five separate assemblies consisting of 1200 finished units. Known as the "245 Project," it highlights our ability to deliver a diverse array of manufacturing services, both economically and with unmatched quality and consistency.
The PCBs consisted of mixed technology boards, which were composed of a RoHS-compliant FR4 material and assembled with SMT and TH technology with hand and automated processes. This was all provided in-house, including potting and encapsulation. Through our strategic partners, we sourced precision machining of custom heat sinks and stand-offs, as well as fully-assembled wiring harnesses.
While two of the assemblies were standalone units, others in the group were mounted together using connectors and PEMs, forming a single functional unit. One of the assemblies consisted of 4 smaller boards mounted to a custom machined aluminum block and wired to a cable connector. Each unit was assembled with stringent quality control procedures, using J-STD-001 assembly and IPC-A-610 Class II inspection standards.
Not only was our customer extremely pleased with the results, but we were able to perform a large volume of electromechanical services, custom production runs, and on-time delivery for a project of this complexity, all with a 120 day turnaround time. For more information on our work with multiple PCB assemblies, please contact us or refer to the table below.
- PCB Assembly & Enclosure
- Multi-PCB/Cable Assembly
- PCB Repair & Rework
- Through-Hole to Surface Mount Conversion
- Project Name
- 245 Project
- Project Description
- 5 different assemblies -
- PCBs consisted of mixed technology boards
- RoHS compliant FR4 material
- Assembled with SMT & TH technology
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Mixed Technology, TH and SMT, hand and automated processes, custom machined heatsinks and standoffs, wiring and cable assembly, potting and encapsulation.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Material Thickness: 0.062
Product Length: 5.0
Product Width: 6.0
- Material Used
- RoHS FR4
- Material Finish
- Industry for Use
- Cryogenics/Cryo-refrigeration , Liquid Helium/Nitrogen Management
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 120 days
- Standards Met
- Assembled to J-STD-001 and inspected to IPC-A-610 Class II. Cables built to IPC-A-620 standards.